2. Blogger didn't have comment-posting capability when I started blogging, so you had to use Haloscan; now Blogger has its own system. I enabled it several weeks ago and don't like it, but I also don't like Haloscan losing old comments. The upshot is that I now have two separate comment systems enabled here, which is very stupid. Almost everyone is using the Haloscan comments so far, and I hope to figure out what to do soon.
3. I appear to need a comments policy, so here it is:
- Obscenities are not allowed and can get a poster banned.
- All non-obscene insults directed at me are allowed. If it overwhelms actual dialogue, I'll tighten the policy, but really, I don't care if I'm insulted.
- Over-the-top insults directed at other people who post here are not allowed and can get a poster warned or banned - there's a gray area between sparring and insulting, but please keep it civil.
UPDATE: I changed the site so only Haloscan permits comments. I'll see about getting the old comments public as well.